I believe one reason I fell in love with Twitter when it first came out was because of the way it allowed me to quickly and easily connect with others from anywhere in the world. That was years ago and it has only gone up since then. Yes, it’s fast paced and there is a bit of a learning curve for some users. No, it’s not the best platform for a private conversation or a long conversation. But it has its purpose and for that, I very much love Twitter.
One of my favorite ways of using Twitter is as a search tool. I build lists around search parameters such as people I like to follow regularly, hash tags or common interests. I don’t read every single Tweet from these people and for some of them, I don’t even follow them every day. But by following them on Twitter, I know where to find them when I do need them. Some of my lists involve fellow social media people so that’s what I’m going to share with you today.
There are so many great social media influencers out there, I struggle to list my favorites. Some are my friends. Some are my mentors. Some I have met only online and others I have heard speak in person or even enjoyed lunch with them. But the one thing they all have in common is that I learn something from them. Because of that, I try to spread the good news and tell others about them so you can learn as well.
Twitter follow meSo here you have my recommendations for 10 social media influencers to follow on Twitter:
1. Michael Stelzner (@mike_stelzner) – “Founded Social Media Examiner & Social Media Marketing podcast, authored Launch & Writing White Papers. Committed Christian and dad.”
2. Jay Baer (@jayBaer) – “President a hype-free social and content accelerator firm. Keynote speaker. Author of Youtility. Tequila guy.”
3. Mari Smith (@marismith)- “Top Social Media Expert | Premier Facebook Marketing Expert | Globe-trotting Speaker | Author | ‘Mari like Ferrari’ | Scottish-Canadian |http://fb.com/marismith”
4. Andrea Vahl (@AndreaVahl)- “Co-author of Facebook Marketing AIO for Dummies. Community Manager at Social Media Examiner. Creator of @GrandmaMaryShow. Improv comedienne and wine drinker.”
5. Amy Porterfield (@amyporterfield) – “I’m a social media strategist and trainer. Co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies.”
6. Neal Schaffer (@NealSchaffer)- “Trilingual Social Media Strategy Consultant, Coach, Keynote Speaker | Author, Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales & Social Media Marketing
7. Jamie Turner (@AskJamieTurner) – “Author, Speaker, Marketing Expert and Chief Executive Officer of the 60 Second Marketer. Follow me for tips, tools and techniques to improve your marketing.”
8. Jesse Stay (@Jesse) – “Author, For Dummies books and Pluralsight, blogger, consultant.
9. Chris Brogan (@chrisbrogan) – “CEO&President, Human Business Works: courses to grow YOU.
10. Phyllis Khare (@phylliskhare) – “#Author #Social Media #Marketing eLearning Kit for Dummies and Co-Author #Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies.
This isn’t an inclusive list. Before I even hit “submit” I am thinking of those who are missing. But it’s a really great start to some people you may not already be following. Look for future posts of this type as well as interviews with experts in the social media field. And don’t forget while you’re there to follow me as well. @somedsatisfied